- Annual enrollment period for Medicare is October 15th through December 7th.
- Open enrollment season for the Federally Facilitated Marketplace is November 1st through January 15th.
- Many group health and private health insurance plans limit enrollment and changes to similar time frames.
- Medicare offers an open enrollment period for those who want to make changes to their Medicare Advantage plans from January 1st through March 31st.
- Initial enrollment periods for Medicare begin three months prior to the month of your 65th birthday and end the end of the third month after the month of your birthday.
- Special enrollment periods take place when events trigger them.
- Qualifying for social security may happen at a young age if a person is disabled. Being eligible for social security benefits can make a person eligible for Medicare before the age of 65.
You’ll find me out at local pharmacies here in Tallahassee during enrollment season. More info on that to come. Stand by.