Why worry about getting fat sitting behind the wheel driving all day and all nigh? … when you could be ….
- earning money for a good charity you choose
- making filthy truck stops cleaner
- adding a healthy activity to your pre and post trip
- gaining respect
- losing weight and gaining strength
- feeling great
- Download the Charity Miles app to your iPhone or Android.
- Sign up and join the Trucker Ploggers team.
- Get a trash bag and turn the app on when you’ve got a few extra minutes before or after each pre or post trip.
- Jog until you find trash to put in your bag. Pick up the trash until your bag is full.
- When other truckers see what you’re doing and ask, explain the above and send them a link to this page.
Now think about it. If other truckers started realizing that not every driver wants their truck stops to be trash dumps, maybe they’ll stop contributing to the problem and start becoming part of the solution. We might even get an extra cup of coffee or free shower even if we don’t have the rewards points yet. Walmart might not have banned us from parking in their lots. And yes, some of the truckers might not be peeing where they know we’ll be putting our hands. You know who you are. If it weren’t for you, we could have been doing push ups down there. Show some respect! Gloves are recommended.
Post your plogging picks on our Driver Thoughts Facebook Group page and introduce yourself. Together we can do this!